Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2008 Furnace Creek 508 (short report)

(CLICK ON ANY PHOTOS TO ENLARGE)

Well, I'm home after having just finished the Furnace Creek 508. I'm pretty sore in a lot of places so I'm going to REST REST REST!

My finishing time was 37 hours 49 minutes. I took one 30 minute power nap at about 4:30 in the morning in Shoshone.

Here's some images that the AdventureCorps race staff shot:


Racer check-in on Friday afternoon.


Jo taking photos of the solo field at Friday night pre-race meeting.


At the start line in Santa Clarita on Saturday morning.


Start line.


Saturday a.m. in San Francisquito Canyon.


More San Francisquito Canyon.


Saturday mid-morning out in the Antelope Valley. Very windy conditions.


Our mascot - Jaggy


Climbing Townes Pass on Saturday evening.



More of Townes Pass.


Saturday night in Death Valley between Furnace Creek and Badwater.


Saturday night in Death Valley between Furnace Creek and Badwater.


Crossing the finish line in Twentynine Palms on Sunday night with my beautiful girl Jo.


Race Director Chris Kostman awards my finishers jersey and medal. Thanks Chris!!


The OUTSTANDING crew that got me to the finish line.
L to R - Dick Allen, Jo Carmichael, Jaguar, Jim Ortlieb.



Results and more images of the ENTIRE race are HERE.

Click on the map image below for an enlarged view of the race route.



Full report on my race later (after I organize the photos & video that MY crew shot).

Thanks for checking in.

Jaguar

p.s. If you'd like to read the FULL REPORT...click HERE.

- - -

No comments: